Types of remote application
The different types of stored resources require a variety of methods of operation ...
- Local applications: These are applications that must reside and run on the local machine.
These are provided by the LoopEd service for those schools who are unable to support these types of applications.
Other school must maintain these applications themselves.
- Terminal Applications: These are applications that can be run on the remote machine with just the peripheral device being redirected to the local machine.
Typically these applications require high processing power but little in the way of multimedia functionality.
- Network Applications: These applications are stored on the remote server but are loaded into the local machine for operations.
Typically these are small simple applications requiring a simple operating environment.
- Resources: These are passive resources that do not require and processing.
- Updates: Software updates for installed software
- Using a master Loop image (Ghist)